The Tower of Babel (Genesis 11: 1-9)
- 𐑯𐑬 𐑞 𐑣𐑴𐑤 𐑻𐑔 𐑣𐑨𐑛 𐑢𐑩𐑯 𐑤𐑨𐑯𐑜𐑢𐑦𐑡 𐑯 𐑞 𐑕𐑱𐑥 𐑢𐑻𐑛𐑟
- 𐑯 𐑨𐑟 𐑐𐑰𐑐𐑩𐑤 𐑥i𐑜𐑮𐑱𐑑𐑦𐑛 𐑓𐑮𐑪𐑥 𐑞 𐑰𐑕𐑑, 𐑞𐑱 𐑓𐑬𐑯𐑛 𐑩 𐑐𐑤𐑱𐑯 𐑦𐑯 𐑞 𐑤𐑨𐑯𐑛 𐑝 •𐑖𐑰𐑯𐑭 𐑯 𐑕𐑧𐑑𐑩𐑤𐑛 𐑞𐑺.
- 𐑯 𐑞𐑱 𐑕𐑧𐑛 𐑑 𐑢𐑯 𐑩𐑯𐑩𐑔𐑻, c𐑩𐑥, 𐑤𐑧𐑑 𐑩𐑕 𐑥𐑱𐑒 𐑚𐑮𐑦𐑒𐑕, 𐑯 𐑚𐑻𐑯 𐑔𐑧𐑥 𐑔𐑩𐑮𐑩𐑤𐑰. 𐑯 𐑞𐑱 𐑣𐑨𐑛 𐑚𐑮𐑦𐑒 𐑓 𐑕𐑑𐑢𐑯, 𐑯 𐑚𐑦𐑗𐑩𐑥𐑩𐑯 𐑥𐑹𐑑𐑩.
- 𐑞𐑧𐑯 𐑞𐑱 𐑕𐑧𐑛, c𐑩𐑥, 𐑤𐑧𐑑 𐑩𐑕 𐑚𐑦𐑤𐑛 𐑮𐑬𐑕𐑧𐑤𐑝𐑕 𐑩 𐑕𐑦𐑑𐑰 𐑯 𐑩 𐑑𐑬𐑢𐑩 𐑢𐑦𐑞 𐑦𐑑𐑕 𐑑𐑪𐑐 𐑦𐑯 𐑞 𐑙𐑧𐑝𐑩𐑯𐑕, 𐑯 𐑤𐑧𐑑 𐑩𐑕 𐑥𐑱𐑒 𐑩 𐑯𐑱𐑥 𐑓 𐑮𐑬𐑕𐑧𐑤𐑝𐑕, 𐑤𐑧𐑕𐑑 𐑢𐑰 𐑚𐑰 𐑛𐑦𐑕𐑐𐑻𐑕𐑛 𐑴𐑝𐑻 𐑞 𐑓𐑱𐑕 𐑝 𐑞 𐑙𐑴𐑤 𐑻𐑔.
- 𐑯 𐑞 𐑤𐑹𐑛 𐑒𐑱𐑥 𐑛𐑬𐑯 𐑑 𐑕𐑰 𐑞 𐑕𐑦𐑑𐑰 𐑯 𐑞 𐑑𐑬𐑢𐑩, 𐑢𐑦𐑗 𐑞 𐑗𐑦𐑤𐑛𐑮𐑩𐑯 𐑝 𐑥a𐑯 𐑣𐑨𐑛 𐑚𐑦𐑤𐑑.
- 𐑯 𐑞 𐑤𐑹𐑛 𐑕𐑧𐑛, 𐑚𐑰𐑣𐑴𐑤𐑛, 𐑞𐑱 𐑸 𐑢𐑯 𐑐𐑰𐑐𐑩𐑤, 𐑯 𐑞𐑱 𐑣𐑨𐑝 𐑷𐑤 𐑢𐑯 𐑤𐑨𐑙𐑢𐑦𐑡, 𐑯 𐑞𐑦𐑕 𐑦𐑟 𐑴𐑯𐑤𐑰 𐑞 𐑚𐑩𐑜𐑦𐑯𐑦𐑙 𐑝 𐑢𐑪𐑑 𐑞𐑱 𐑢𐑦𐑤 𐑛𐑫. 𐑯 𐑯𐑩𐑑h𐑦𐑙 𐑞𐑨𐑑 𐑞𐑱 𐑐𐑮𐑩𐑐𐑴𐑕 𐑑 𐑛𐑫 𐑢𐑦𐑤 𐑯𐑬 𐑚𐑰 𐑦𐑥𐑐𐑪𐑕𐑩𐑚𐑩𐑤 𐑓 𐑞𐑧𐑥.
- 𐑒𐑩𐑥, 𐑤𐑧𐑑 𐑩𐑕 𐑜𐑴 𐑛𐑬𐑢𐑯 𐑯 𐑞𐑺 𐑒𐑪𐑯𐑓𐑩𐑟 𐑞𐑺 𐑤𐑨𐑙𐑢𐑦𐑡, 𐑕𐑴 𐑞𐑨𐑑 𐑞𐑱 𐑥𐑱 𐑯𐑪𐑑 𐑩𐑯𐑛𐑻𐑕𐑑𐑨𐑯𐑛 𐑢𐑯 𐑩𐑯𐑩𐑔𐑻'𐑟 𐑕𐑐𐑰𐑗.
- 𐑕𐑴 𐑞 𐑤𐑹𐑛 𐑛𐑦𐑕𐑐𐑻𐑕𐑛 𐑞𐑧𐑥 𐑓𐑮𐑪𐑥 𐑞𐑺 𐑴𐑝𐑻 𐑞 𐑓𐑱𐑕 𐑝 𐑷𐑤 𐑞 𐑻𐑔, 𐑯 𐑞𐑱 𐑤𐑧𐑓𐑑 𐑪𐑓 𐑚𐑦𐑤𐑛𐑦𐑙 𐑞 𐑕𐑦𐑑𐑰.
- 𐑞𐑺𐑓𐑹 𐑦𐑑𐑕 𐑯𐑱𐑥 𐑢𐑪𐑟 𐑒𐑷𐑤𐑛 𐑚𐑱𐑚𐑩𐑤, 𐑚𐑦𐑒𐑪𐑟 𐑞𐑺 𐑞 𐑤𐑹𐑛 𐑒𐑪𐑯𐑓𐑩𐑟𐑛 𐑞 𐑤𐑨𐑙𐑢𐑦𐑡 𐑝 𐑷𐑤 𐑞 𐑻𐑔. 𐑯 𐑓𐑮𐑪𐑥 𐑞𐑺 𐑞 𐑤𐑹𐑛 𐑛𐑦𐑕𐑐𐑻𐑕𐑛 𐑞𐑧𐑥 𐑴𐑝𐑻 𐑞 𐑓𐑱𐑕 𐑝 𐑷𐑤 𐑞 𐑻𐑔.
From the English Standard Version (2002)
- Now the whole earth had one language and the same words.
- And as people migrated from the east, they found a plain in
the land of Shinar and settled there.
- And they said to one another, "Come, let us make bricks,
and burn them thoroughly." And they had brick for stone,
and bitumen for mortar.
- Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city and
a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for
ourselves, lest we be dispersed over the face of the whole earth."
- And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which
the children of man had built.
- And the Lord said, "Behold, they are one people, and they
have all one language, and this is only the beginning of what they
will do. And nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible
- Come, let us go down and there confuse their language, so that
they may not understand one another's speech."
- So the Lord dispersed them from there over the face of all the
earth, and they left off building the city.
- Therefore its name was called Babel, because there the Lord confused
the language of all the earth. And from there the Lord dispersed them
over the face of all the earth.
Information about Shavian |
Tower of Babel
Other Tower of Babel translations
By language |
By language family
If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. It enables you to type almost any language that uses the Latin, Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, and is free.
If you like this site and find it useful, you can support it by making a donation, or by contributing in other ways. Omniglot is how I make my living.