Latvian language courses, dictionaries, phrasebooks and other language learning materials.
by Tereze Svilane
- provides a clear and comprehensive approach to Latvian with 24 thematic chapters which introduce important language structures through life-like dialogues. Introduces grammar in a gradual manner, and the exercises that accompany the texts help to reinforce learning in listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Features current cultural information boxes that reflect recent changes in society. The accompanying audio CDs contain all dialogues that appear in the book, recorded by native speakers.
by Christopher Moseley
- an good introduction to colloquial spoken and written Latvian suitable for those with a basic knowledge of the language. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with two cassettes and/or CDs with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises.
- a CD-ROM course which helps to learn grammar and a wide range of vocabulary. Also includes a book of stories, which you can listen to and read, an audio CD, and an AutoLearn feature..
Buy from: www.linguashop.com
- a basic introduction to Latvian. Includes dialogues, exercises, games, tests and notes in many different languages. Introduces a fairly limited amount of vocabulary and phrases, but does so in an effective and fun way.
by M. Sosare and I. Borzvalka
-contains 16,000 entries and includes phrases and idiomatic expressions.
by Jatniece a.Z.
- the dictionary contains essential vocabulary, and the concise phrasebook covers topics such as eating out, sightseeing and elementary conversation.
[ other sections ]
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot. When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.
Why not share this page:
If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. It enables you to type almost any language that uses the Latin, Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, and is free.
Note: all links on this site to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr are affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you click on any of them and buy something. So by clicking on these links you can help to support this site.