The Langerian alphabet was created and developed in 2019 by Sam Langer as an alternative way of writing English, or a conlang using the Latin alphabet. It is based on several languages that are modified to suit the script's aesthetics.
- Type of writing system: alphabet
- Direction of writing: left to right in horizontal lines
- Used to write: English
- The letters are all connected on a staff, similar to scripts such as Gurmukhi.
- Y is never a vowel in Langerian
- When two vowels are next to each other, the vowel symbols are placed side by side on one vowel carrier. The silent E never shares a vowel carrier with another vowel, because it has no symbol; it's just the vowel carrier.
- The letters D, H, J, K, S, T, W, and Y are placed above the next letter. If there is no next letter, it is placed on a vowel carrier. If the next letter is a vowel, however, it is placed below the next letter.
- In the alphabet chart, the vowel symbol is placed above the vowel carrier. This helps you identify them.
- Traditionally, if a word starts with B, C, F, G, M, R, X, or C, the writer adds a little extra length of staff at the beginning of the word.
(e) indicates a silent e
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
(Part of Article One of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
Scripts invented by Sam Langer
Constructed scripts for: Ainu |
Chinese languages |
Malay & Indonesian |
Other natural languages |
Colour-based scripts |
Tactile scripts |
Phonetic/universal scripts |
Constructed scripts for constructed languages |
Adaptations of existing alphabets |
Fictional alphabets |
Magical alphabets |
A-Z index |
How to submit a constructed script
Why not share this page:
Learn languages for free on Duolingo
If you like this site and find it useful, you can support it by making a donation via PayPal or Patreon, or by contributing in other ways. Omniglot is how I make my living.
Note: all links on this site to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr are affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you click on any of them and buy something. So by clicking on these links you can help to support this site.