How can I submit an article?
If you would like to submit an article to Omniglot, please read
the following guidelines:
- Articles should be related to language and/or culture. If you're not sure what to write about, have a look at the articles already on this site.
- There is no minimum or maximum length for an article, but if you need a guideline, 400-500 words would be fine.
- You can write in any language, but if you write in a language other than English, please provide a summary in English.
- Articles should not be used primarily as a means of promoting a product or service, however you can mention language-related products and services within an article as examples, and include links to your website.
- Articles can include images, but try to keep the file sizes as small as possible.
- If you make references to websites, books, surveys or other publications, please provide links and citations.
- Remember that you are writing for a world-wide audience.
- If possible, please provide a summary of what the article is about in one sentence (this is for the page description and will appear in search engines)
- You can include a brief paragraph about youself.
- You can send your articles to me by email. My name is Simon Ager. I am the only person here.
- If I think your article is suitable and of a sufficient standard, I will publish it. There is no charge for this service.
Writing systems |
Language and languages |
Language learning |
Learning vocabulary |
Language acquisition |
Motivation and reasons to learn languages |
Being and becoming bilingual |
Sign Languages |
Other languages |
Minority and endangered languages |
Constructed languages (conlangs) |
Reviews of language courses and books |
Language learning apps |
Teaching languages |
Languages and careers |
Language and culture |
Language development and disorders |
Translation and interpreting |
Multilingual websites, databases and coding |
Spoof articles |
How to submit an article