Information about alphabets and other writing systems.
- Abjads | Alphabets
- Abugidas | Syllabaries
- Semanto-phonetic writing systems
- Alternative scripts | Undeciphered scripts
- A-Z index | Direction index
Learn the basics of many languages.
- Useful phrases and other phrases
- How to learn languages
- Numbers, colours and time expressions, kinship terms
- Idioms, proverbs and tongue twisters
- Country and language names
- UDHR, Tower of Babel and Songs
- Chinese and Celtic languages
- Find language tutors in the USA or UK
Scripts invented for by visitors to Ommniglot, and for books, films, games and so on.
- Constructed scripts for natural languages
- Constructed scripts for constructed languages
- Fictional scripts
- Phonetic scripts
- Adapted scripts
- A-Z index
- How to submit a con-script
Information about languages, articles and videos.
- Language profiles
- Language families
- Language-related articles
- How to submit an article
- Language learning videos
New and improved pages on Omniglot.
- New phrases page: Kumyk
- New language: Sarcee
- New endearment pages: Irish and Scottish Gaelic
- New article: 8 Strategies to Master Russian Pronunciation for Beginners
- New language: Guaymí
- New Tower of Babel translations: Ezaa, Ikwo and Izi
- New page: Welsh terms of endearment
- New phrases page: Nkore
- New numbers page: Nkore
- New language: Nkore
- New numbers page: Muna
- New language: Muna
- New adapted script: Tengwar for High Valyrian
- New constructed script: xliú Σgrén πzwén
- New phrases page: Marshallese
- New article: Why should you learn Arabic?
- More news