Details of most of the world's alphabets, syllabic scripts, and other writing systems.
- What is writing?
- Differences between writing and speech
- Types of writing system
- A-Z index
- Direction index
Scripts constructed by visitors to Omniglot, and scripts invented for books, films, etc.
- Constructed scripts for natural and constructed languages
- Fictional scripts
- Phonetic scripts
- Adapted scripts
- A-Z index
- How to submit a con-script
Learn the basics of over 200 languages.
- Useful phrases and other phrases
- Numbers, colours and time expressions, kinship terms
- Idioms, proverbs and tongue twisters
- Country and language names
- UDHR, Tower of Babel and Songs
- Chinese and Celtic languages
- Find language tutors in the USA or UK
Details of languages, how to learn languages, and language-related articles and videos.
- Language profiles
- Language families
- How to learn languages
- Language-related articles
- Language learning videos
New and improved pages on Omniglot.
- New language: Matigsalug
- New article: Tips for learning languages "on the go"
- New numbers page: Kashubian
- New article: 8 Top Reasons to Learn Arabic
- New article: Raising Bilingual Children - 5 Common Myths
- New language: Mbula
- New phrases page: White Hmong
- New constructed script: Mystic
- New adapted script: Romanagari
- New numbers page: Pangasinan
- New constructed script: Crymeddau
- New language: Adzera
- New numbers page: Tuwali Ifugao
- New language: Ifugao
- New Tower of Babel translation: Amganad Ifugao
- More news