Details of most of the world's alphabets, syllabic scripts, and other writing systems.
- What is writing?
- Differences between writing and speech
- Types of writing system
- A-Z index
- Direction index
Scripts constructed by visitors to Omniglot, and scripts invented for books, films, etc.
- Constructed scripts for natural and constructed languages
- Fictional scripts
- Phonetic scripts
- Adapted scripts
- A-Z index
- How to submit a con-script
Details of languages, how to learn languages, and language-related articles and videos.
- Language profiles
- Language families
- Language learning advice
- Language-related articles
- Language learning videos
- Learn Hebrew online
Learn the basics of over 200 languages.
- Useful phrases and other phrases
- Numbers, colours and time expressions, kinship terms, idioms, proverbs and tongue twisters
- Country and language names, songs and the Tower of Babel
- Chinese and Celtic languages
- Find language tutors in the USA or UK
New and improved pages on Omniglot.
- New language: Kashinawa
- New article: European Spanish vs. Latin American Spanish: The differences explained
- New article: Best way to learn a foreign language? Not the usual way
- New constructed script: Cempaka
- New article: About Vietnamese
- New adapted script: Old Norse Cyrillic alphabet
- New constructed script: LLL for Japanese
- New constructed script: Kummalli
- New language: Sankethi
- New article: Four Skills You Pick Up Through Interpretation
- New phrases page: Kiribati
- New language: Tiwi
- New phrases page: Yolngu
- New language: Jicarilla
- More news