Books about and in Gothic, an extinct East Germanic language formerly spoken in Ukraine.
by William Holmes Bennett
- a good introduction to Gothic which covers the grammar, phonology and history of the language. Also includes many exercises, texts, a Gothic-English dictionary, and a good bibliography.
by Thomas O. Lambdin
- an outstanding introduction to Gothic. There are 23 lessons, each with a short section on grammar, relevant vocabulary, and practice exercises. This edition also contains all extant portions of the Gospels, as well as excerpts from some of the Pauline Epistles. The grammatical lessons have parallel lessons, at the back of the book in the "historical grammar", which detail the historical linguistic background of the relevant lesson, offering details about the evolution of the Gothic forms from Proto-Germanic, and comparison with other developments in Indo-European. Each lesson of the historical grammar also contains an etymological analysis of each word from the vocabulary list for that lesson.
by J. Wright
- an introduction to Gothic grammar containing Gothic version of texts from the New Testament with translations in Greek.
by Wilhelm Braune
- an introduction to Gothic grammar with pays particular attention to phonology and etymology.
by Philipp Winterberg (Author), Nadja Wichmann (Illustrator), Edmund Fairfax (Translator)
- a bilingual Gothic and English version of the ilustrated children's picture book, "Am I small?".
by Lewis Carroll (Author), Byron W Sewell (Illustrator), David Alexander Carlton (Translator)
- a Gothic version of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
by Philipp Winterberg
- When Manfred bullies and teases him, Egbert turns very red. Angry and red. What can one do about it? Egbert has a plan and an adventurous idea
by Harris Tobias (Author), Ann Tendler (Illustrator), Hroviland Bairhteins (Translator)
- How did birds get such colorful plumage? You'll find out in this classic animal fable beautifully illustrated by A. E. Tendler.
[ other sections ]
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot. When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.
Why not share this page:
Note: all links on this site to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr are affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you click on any of them and buy something. So by clicking on these links you can help to support this site.
If you're looking for home or car insurance in the UK, why not try Policy Expert?