The Lucarian script was invented by Sakana Oji for his conlang of the same name, which is supposedly used by the Lucario from the Pokémon franchise. The script was modelled after Ian James' Amethyst script.
- Type of writing system: alphabet
- Direction of writing: left to right in horizontal lines
- Used to write: Lucarian
- All the consonants have ascenders or descenders. Tylebur is the only consonant with both an ascender and descender.
- The vowels are split into two groups; a rounded group with dots above or below them, and an unrounded group without dots. The vowel e'up does not have a rounded counterpart.
- A'ez and otyt are the only vowels with ascenders.
- The consonant hyluno is pronounced /h/ before a vowel, and /x/ before a consonant or at the end of a word.
- The names "chome" and "rejyz" are archaic names; the letters rarely occur at the beginning of a word.
- The vowel e'up is pronounced /ə/ in unstressed positions; the penultimate syllable is usually stressed.
- "Yshis" is not a real word in the Lucarian language; it was just created for the name of the letter. Also, yshis neither ever occurs in the beginning nor the end of a word.
Download an alphabet chart for Lucarian (Excel)
Zholoesujuu'em shoshejmyguz hyjo'o umyz ofoe'ur zuutmuubael umyz gyrjuutyqbyl.
(Ujbuuslo Emo Zoslujubuu'emyk Oemuuzhojgur Gyrjuutyqbyk Loesujuu'ek)
All Lucario are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Lucario Rights)
If you have any questions about Lucarian, you can contact Sakana Oji at: ojisakana[at]gmail[dot]com
Scripts invented by Sakana Oji
If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. It enables you to type almost any language that uses the Latin, Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, and is free.
If you like this site and find it useful, you can support it by making a donation via PayPal or Patreon, or by contributing in other ways. Omniglot is how I make my living.
Note: all links on this site to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr are affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you click on any of them and buy something. So by clicking on these links you can help to support this site.