The Efkolia script was invented by Rafael Machado,
to be easier to read texts in Germanic, Romance and
Uralic languages. It is a simpler style of alphabet,
easy to write, and influenced by the Cyrillic and
- Type of writing system: alphabet
- Writing direction: left to right in horizontal lines
- Used to write: Germanic, Romance and Uralic languages
- The vowels (except the i) are formed by the letter
O (oof) and have the largest points (granponts) that
are positioned in their corresponding places. The front
vowels have two points (pequenponts) below or above the
"oof", or one point on the left of the "oof". The back
vowels have one point on the right of the "oof".
- Some consonants are formed by the addition of a caron:
j = g with caron, p = b with caron), t = d with caron
and z = s with caron. The consonant v is formed by the
addition of a macron on b.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards
one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
Download a font for Efkolia (TrueType, 5K)