Kogor is a new universal writing system designed by Martin Luan for writing various languages, including most Latin letter based languages, such as English, French, Spanish, Esperanto, etc. With the extended version, it could be used to write Russian, Arabic and Chinese Mandarin (pinyin), Japanese, Korean, etc. Basically it has 32 letters, 30 with specific sound each and 2 representing Q and Y which have similar sound of K and I.
All letters have Upper and lower case two forms individually. When used in a word, letters are connected at bottom. Y in a word has a special short form. The second letter in double letters will be replaced by a short dash below the first letter.
- Type of writing system: alphabet
- Direction of writing: left to right in horizontal lines
- All letters are formed by either horizontal or vertical lines, which make the appearance clean and straightforward.
- Similar sounds are paired, such as voiced or voiceless pairs, B-P, F-V,D-T, Z-S, etc, with similar look. The bottom line open to left or right shows the difference.
- The letter shapes are specified by the letter's openings at both upper and lower side, which allow the different version and new letters created under the same principle. For example, this standard Square Version could be adjusted to a curved version and still easily identified.
- Five basic vowels appear as diacritical marks on the vertical stem in lower case type. The upper cases are created by connecting the diacritical mark to the bottom.
- The heavy vertical line is optional in hand written style.
In general, this system is designed to be easily written, read and also adjusted for new letters and styles as required.
Sample text in English
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
(Part of Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
Sample text in Esperanto
Ĉiuj homoj estas denaske liberaj kaj egalaj laŭ digno kaj rajtoj.
Sample text in French
Tous les êtres humains naissent libres et égaux en dignité et en droits.
Sample text in Spanish
Todos los seres humanos nacen libres e iguales en dignidad y derechos.
Other versions of Kogor for:
Other alphabets invented by visitors to this site