Syrian Arabic is a variety of Levantine Arabic spoken mainly in Syria (سورية) and Lebanon (لُبْنَان). There are three main dialects which are spoken in Damascus (دِمَشقُ), the centre of the country, and the north of the country respectively. In parts of eastern Syria varieties of Iraqi Arabic and North Mesopotamian Arabic are spoken.
Levantine Arabic (شامي) is spoken in Syria, Lebanon, Cyprus, Palestine, Israel and Jordan, and has some 35 million speakers of all its varieties.
Information about Syrian Arabic pronunciation compiled by Wolfram Siegel
Information about Syrian Arabic
Syrian Arabic lessons
A dictionary of Syrian Arabic (preview on Google Books
Online TV from Syria
- Learn Arabic online with ArabicPod101
- Arabic Genie - a quick and easy way to learn the Arabic alphabet
- Learn Arabic quickly and easily with Rocket Arabic
- TalkInArabic.com - learn colloquial Arabic
- Learn Arabic with Glossika
Find Arabic Tutors on Preply