There are numerous French language courses available. The ones shown on this page are a small selection.
- a CD-ROM course which helps to learn French grammar and a wide range of vocabulary. Also includes a book of stories, which you can listen to and read, an audio CD, and an AutoLearn feature.
Buy from: www.linguashop.com
by Alan Moys
- a good introduction to French as it is actually spoken in France. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with two cassettes with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises.
by Elspeth Broady
- a intermediate-level course in spoken and written French that helps you to review and expand your knowledge of the language. Includes a textbook and two cassettes or CDs with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises.
- a computer-based French course consisting of 45 2-hour lessons, over 700 activities and exercises, over 3,000 separate sound files (more than 7 hours of audio), three software games and step-by-step instructions. Available in on CD-ROMs or in downloadable format.
Buy from: Rocket languages
- Glossika's audiovisual method helps you master comprehension and achieve fluency. Great on its own, or the perfect companion to your ongoing studies.
Buy from: Glossika.com
[ Contents ]
- an excellent, comprehensive dictionary which includes numerous examples of how everyday French is used. It also provides guidance on essay-writing and correspondence, and gives help in expressing yourself in a wide variety of situations
by Marie-Helene Correard, Valerie Grundy et al
- an up-to-date, comprehensive dictionary with over 350,000 words and phrases, and 530,000 translations. Provides good coverage of the language used in French literature by great writers such as Zola, Dumas, Proust, and Hugo. Also includes practical guidance for those planning to live in France, including over 100 model letters and postcards, help in writing job applications and CVs, and a completely new section on using the telephone in France.
by Marianne Chalmers et al
- an up-to-date pocket dictionary with over 100,000 words, phrases, and translations.
[ Contents ]
by Mary E. Coffman
- an excellent grammar reference suitable for beginners and intermediate students of French.
by Thalia Marriott and Mireille Ribiere
- an good grammar reference suitable for advanced students of French.
[ Contents ]
by Jean-Marie Cassagne and Luc Nisset-Raidon
- a collection of idiomatic French phrases with English translations and illustrations.
by Jean-Marie Cassagne
- a collection of French proverbs for every occasion with English translations and illustrations.
Electronic dictionaries and translators: up to 1,000,000 words, full-text translation. Speech recognition, audio phrasebooks. French translation software for Windows, Pocket PC, Palm, Mobile phones. Free trial download!
[ Contents ]
Information about French | Phrases | Numbers | Family words | Terms of endearment | Idioms | Colours | Telling the time | Weather words | Tongue twisters | Tower of Babel | Articles | Links | French learning materials
- Learn French online with Mondly
- Learn French with FrenchPod101
- Learn French with Glossika
- French Uncovered - Learn French Through the Power of Story - Grammar Hero French - Internalise French Grammar
- French Conversations - Understand real French
- Learn French with Rocket French
- French learning software
- Learn French with LinguaLift
- Frantastique: French learning Online
- Learn French with Comme une Française
[ other sections ]
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot. When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.
If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. It enables you to type almost any language that uses the Latin, Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, and is free.
Note: all links on this site to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr are affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you click on any of them and buy something. So by clicking on these links you can help to support this site.