A selection of language courses, dictionaries and other materials for learning Hindi.
by Rupert Snell
- when learning Hindi, the ability to read and write the Devanagari alphabet is very useful. This book provides a clear introduction to that alphabet and includes examples of printed and handwritten texts.
by Rupert Snell
- a well-written introduction to the Hindi language. Consists of a textbook and CDs with recordings of the dialogues and some of the exercises.
by Rupert Snell and Simon Weightman
- an up-to-date course in spoken and written Hindi suitable for beginners. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with CDs with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises.
- a basic introduction to Hindi. Includes dialogues, exercises, games, tests and notes in numerous languages. Introduces a fairly limited amount of vocabulary and phrases, but does so in an effective and fun way.
by Tej Bhatia
- an introduction to spoken and written Hindi. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information. Two audio cassettes or CDs with recordings of some of the dialogues and exercises are also available.
- Glossika's audiovisual method helps you master comprehension and achieve fluency. Great on its own, or the perfect companion to your ongoing studies.
Buy from: Glossika.com
by R.S. McGregor (Editor)
- a comprehensive, up-to-date dictionary that covers modern standard Hindi in it's spoken and literary forms. Gives illustrative examples for each enter, and also includes Urdu words used in Hindi.
by S. K. Verma
- this dictionary is intended for Hindi speakers learning English, but is also quite useful to English speakers learning Hindi.
by Veena T. Oldenburg
- a handy Hindi phrasebook full of useful, everyday phrases and words.
[ other sections ]
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot. When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.
If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. It enables you to type almost any language that uses the Latin, Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, and is free.
Note: all links on this site to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr are affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you click on any of them and buy something. So by clicking on these links you can help to support this site.