by Narguess Farzad
- a good introduction to spoken and written Persian. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with CDs with recordings of most of the dialogues and some of the exercises. Suitable for beginners.
by Abdi Rafiee
- an good introduction to colloquial spoken and written Persian. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with two audio cassettes or CDs with recordings of most of the dialogues and some of the exercises.
by Donald L. Stilo, Kamran Talattof & Jerome W. Clinton
- a good introduction to written and spoken Persian. Comes with a textbook and CD. In addition to lessons and information about grammar and vocabulary, the book also include essay on Iranian culture.
by Wheeler M. Thackston
- a comprehensive grammar of modern, classical & colloquial Persian. Includes glossary. A set of tapes to help you with pronunciation is also available. Suitable for those familiar with the Persian script, grammatical terms and phonology.
by Mitra Ara
- a comprehensive guide to reading and writing the script of contemporary Persian. Introduces and gives detailed instructions to reading, writing, typing, various handwriting forms, cursive writing, vowels, signs, and pronunciation. She also explains the most important scripts, Naskh and Nastaliq. Lesser used styles such as Kufic are also covered.
by S. Haim
- a comprehensive, bilingual Persian-English dictionary containing definitions of over 30,000 words and 22,500 idioms.
by Colin Turner
- includes about 25,000 Persian headwords in over seventy themed sections. Covers a wide range of vocabulary from everyday topics such as food or the weather, to more in-depth topics such as astronomy, psychology or international relations.
by Mitra Ara
- the first and only polyglot Shirazi-Persian-English and English-Persian-Shirazi translation guide in one volume, featuring over 37,000 entries, including word pronunciations and translations.
by John Mace
- a clear, user-friendly guide to the grammar of written and spoken Persian. Covers the Persian script in printed and handwritten forms, educated standard and educated colloquial pronunciation, and the important polite forms. The grammar is explained clearly with numerous examples, all shown both in Persian script and in Latin transliteration. The grammatical themes are grouped logically, and there are cross-references, appendices and a subject index.
by Yavar Dehghani
- a handy phrasebook that includes an extensive food section, notes on grammar, tips on culture and social etiquette and a two-way dictionary.
[ other sections ]
by Shaista Wahab
- an introduction to Dari, consisting of a book and an audio CD. The book follows a step-by-step format. The first part teaches how to read, write, and pronounce the 32 letters of the Dari alphabet, detailed explanations of grammar and syntax follow. Each of the 33 lessons include exercises and vocabulary words to reinforce the covered material. Expressions and phrases are also included, enabling users to communicate on a basic level with other Dari speakers.
by Nicholas Awde, Saeid Davatolhagh and Sami Aziz
- contains a vast array of indispensable words supplying travellers and those working in Afghanistan with the resources needed to communicate effectively.
by Edward Zellem, Aziz Royesh, Mohammad Hussain Mohammadi and Kabul Marefat High School
- a one-of-a-kind book featuring 151 commonly used Dari Proverbs collected and translated in Afghanistan by U.S. Navy Captain Edward Zellem. The book is written in English and Dari, and is handsomely illustrated with original art by Afghan high school students in Kabul
by Edward Zellem and Marefat High School Kabul
- designed especially for children, young readers and new students of any age studying English or Dari. The vibrant and colorful art by Afghan high school students catches the eye of even the youngest readers, and lends meaning to the new vocabulary and simplified translations. Each Proverb is translated and transliterated in English and Dari, and is accompanied by a related keyword for vocabulary building and reflection. Net proceeds benefit Afghan-led literacy programs in Afghanistan for a new generation of free Afghans.
[ other sections ]
by Azim Baizoyev and John Hayward
- a textbook which teaches you the basics of Tajiki. Also includes appendices with notes on writing letters, invitations, speeches, etc.
by Dr John Hayward
by Joseph Conroy
[ other sections ]
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot. When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.
If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. It enables you to type almost any language that uses the Latin, Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, and is free.