Information about alphabets and other writing systems.
- What is writing?
- Differences between writing and speech
- Types of writing system
- A-Z index
- Direction index
Learn the basics of many languages.
- Useful phrases and other phrases
- How to learn languages
- Numbers, colours and time expressions, kinship terms
- Idioms, proverbs and tongue twisters
- Country and language names
- UDHR, Tower of Babel and Songs
- Chinese and Celtic languages
- Find language tutors in the USA or UK
Scripts invented for by visitors to Ommniglot, and for books, films, etc.
- Constructed scripts for natural languages
- Constructed scripts for constructed languages
- Fictional scripts
- Phonetic scripts
- Adapted scripts
- A-Z index
- How to submit a con-script
Information about languages, language-related articles and videos.
New and improved pages on Omniglot.
- New article: Arabic (العَرَبِيَّة)
- New constructed script: Engarun
- New constructed script: Senyas Baybayin
- New Tower of Babel translations: Baga, Bandial, Kashinawa
- New constructed script: Gaan Khaa
- New Tower of Babel translations: Enlhet, Nishi, Twi
- New numbers page: Kokborok
- New constructed script: Filipinyin
- New Tower of Babel translation: Rade
- New language: Rade
- New Tower of Babel translations: Adi, Kokborok, Kom, Nivaclé
- New numbers page: Paama
- New numbers page: Rongga
- New numbers page: Kei
- New numbers page: Ngadha
- New language: Koti
- More news