The Tower of Babel (Genesis 11: 1-9)
Yumbang binging Babilonna
- Ngu naluna, uya nigut song song ngu yung. Eik gutang nogaing nogaingna uya kai nagi yekiraing.
- Eik ngu atat ubikireti dagi alukuing. Gina Babilonda nogana batangaka, nguna yumbang taleka iraing.
- Nguna eik ngu ulata taleka sabut uyaing kika yaing, “Apik, gina ning unini gabureka rika noga balasisik yambulingka daburatak, gina tituwat gegang batangani.” Unini zozowaling ngu goga rik, tituwat ngu zawalini.
- Ngu gora yaing, “Zing batangaka mut kik, gina yumbang kai binging talatak. Gina, buingna kai ilong talatak sabatna alobiti. Gina wawanining itirebititang. Gora kiping, ngudama numaingna gulama huingka nogaing nogaingna awangaping.”
- Dadu Yaweda* yumbang binging abaing yumbang ilong eik nguda talekiraing, ngu enawika apuring.
- Nguda yaring, “Yengaik, baraing eik ngu uyayang gabura kai nagi ireka, inina kai nagi rik batangani irewiyagang. Ngu nasing kiwiyagang. Numaingna unini kitak gayeka inawiyagang ngu gulama udet-pat kiwiyagang.
- Welalik, gina alugutak, kika uyayang yambuling kika, uya nigut song song yunatak.”
- Ngu kirik, Yaweda gora yerani, eik gutang ngu nogaing nogaingna huing kika, yumbang talekiraing ngu wataka awangaing.
- Yumbang uhuruk binging ngu wawing Babel** gayaing. Ngu saburing gora, Yaweda eik zawing ngu uya song song yunaka yuwirini nogaing nogaingna huingka awangaing.
*Yawe ngu Barambik wawing eingda.
**”Babel” uya saburing ngu “ganda-ganda”.
Source: Abraham, ngu Barambik dabaing. Abraham, God's friend.
Genesis chapter 11-25. 1st Edition printed at Ukarumpa, April 2004.
Ngaing is a Finisterre language spoken by about 3,000 people
in the Rai Coast district of Madang Province of Papua New Guinea. There are
three dialect areas - this translation is in the central dialect.
Contributed by Wolfgang Kuhl
Information about Ngaing
Tower of Babel in Trans-New Guinea languages
Other Tower of Babel translations
By language |
By language family
Why not share this page:
If you like this site and find it useful, you can support it by making a donation via PayPal or Patreon, or by contributing in other ways. Omniglot is how I make my living.
If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. It enables you to type almost any language that uses the Latin, Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, and is free.
Note: all links on this site to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr are affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you click on any of them and buy something. So by clicking on these links you can help to support this site.