Weather words in Czech
Weather words and weather-related expressions in Czech with English equivalents.
Note that talking about the weather is not as common in the Czech Republic as it is
in the UK.
- Počasí = weather
- Jaké je dnes počasí? = How is the weather today?
- Jaká je na zítra předpověď počasí? = What's the weather forecast for tomorrow?
- Dnes je hezky = It's fine today
- Dnes je ale krásně! = What a lovely day!
- Dnes je ošklivě = The weather is bad today
- Dnes je ale hrozné počasí! = What a terrible weather today!
- To počasí! = What weather!
- Je horko = It's hot
- Je teplo = It's warm
- Je chladno / zima = It's cold
- Je mlha = It's misty
- Je vetrno = It's windy
- Prší = It's raining
- Sneží = It's snowing
- Mrzne = It's freezing
- Slunce svítí / Svítí slunce = The sun is shining
- Bude zamračeno = It'll be cloudy
- sníh = snow
- mráz = frost
- déšť = rain
- slunce = sun
- mlha = fog
- vítr = wind
- bouře = storm
- bouřka = thunderstorm
Idioms for heavy rain
- Padají trakaře = It's raining wheelbarrows
- Lít jako z konve = It's pouring buckets
Other idioms for heavy rain in various languages
More weather words in Czech
If you would like to make any corrections or additions to this page, or if
you can provide recordings, please contact me.
Information about Czech |
Tongue twisters |
Tower of Babel |
How to talk about the weather in a variety of languages