The Tower of Babel (Genesis 11: 1-9)
- A tîr chun, laikulh minung zawzawng tla chu thu munkhat mang hen hawlh khat hen an hawlh.
- Saklei kângah an va kal le, Babulon ramsung Shinar phâi ah an um.
- “Chei! Tual kan rawh lai,” an ti. Churawhchun tual rawh mi leh a senghnâk an nei rawh.
- “Tuah khuapi siam sele, vân tawngh khet hen insâng kan sak lai, kan min thangnâk ding leh tual tlûnah kanna rek ver lonâk ding hen,” an ti.
- LALPA chu an khuapi siam leh insâng an sak mi zauh ding hen a hawng ṭum le,
- “Hi minung tla hi tuah anna khat hen hawlh pakhat hen an hawlh; hi hi thilti ding an tum mi an dawmh mi chu asi ko rawh. Sâwtlotê ah an duh mi zawng an ti kho ko lai!
- Kan va ṭum lai le, anna pêm lonâk ding hen an hawlh tla kan chawmh piak na lai,” a ti.
- Churawhchun LALPA nih tual ah mun kipah a rek na le, khuapi an siam mi chu an bângtâk rawh.
- Chu khuapi chu Babel (Babulon) an ti. Chunah chun LALPA nih an hawlh tla a dang piak na hen, chu thawk ber chun tual tlûn mun kipah a rek na ruangah.
Source: Bawm Common Language Bible Version. Bangladesh Bible Society, 2006.
Bawm is a Tibeto-Burman language spoken mainly in the Chittagong Hill Tracts of southeastern Bangaldesh, and also in neighbouring parts of India and Burma / Myanmar. It is also known as Bawm Chin or Banjogi.
More information about Bawm
Information compiled by Wolfgang Kuhl
If you would like to make any corrections or additions to this page, or if
you can provide recordings, please contact me.
Tower of Babel in Tibeto-Burman languages
Other Tower of Babel translations
By language |
By language family
If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. It enables you to type almost any language that uses the Latin, Cyrillic or Greek alphabets, and is free.
If you like this site and find it useful, you can support it by making a donation via PayPal or Patreon, or by contributing in other ways. Omniglot is how I make my living.
Note: all links on this site to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr are affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you click on any of them and buy something. So by clicking on these links you can help to support this site.